"A Man's a Man for all that!" - Rabbie Burns

"Religion? No thanks. I prefer not to outsource my brainwashing."
Trying to get your average Joe creationist to understand the phrase scientific theory is as hard as getting a fish to enjoy mountaineering. Its an unimagined world for them - it requires a complete reversal of their normal modes of thinking and being. The fact that humans could explain the complexities of this world without a creating God is a world view they cannot grasp. It's like asking a tuna if it appreciates the view from the top of Mount Everest.

Dec 21, 2009

C, E-flat and G go into a bar

I make no claims to be a brilliant guitarist but I do love playing and when I have time and practice regularly I am not so bad. I love to play in what is called jazz chord-melody style which requires a good understanding of scale and chordal relationships on the guitar.

There are quite a few good music sites on the Internet and I have found a few good ones. I am going to post a few of these in some later posts.

I'm posting this one because I just got the latest newsletter from one site which was a poem that might bring a smile to another musician. It made me smile so it's worth re-posting with a link back.

C, E-flat and G go into a bar.

The bartender says, "sorry,
but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G
have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the
fifth is diminished and G is out flat. F comes in and tries
to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

D comes in and heads for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me.
I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender
is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor.
Then the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the
bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found
in this bar tonight."

E-Flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with
nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "you're looking
sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major
development." Sure enough, E-flat soon takes off his suit
and everything else, and is au natural.

Eventually C sobers up and realizes in horror that he's
under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of
contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced
to 10 years of D.S. without Coda at an upscale correctional
facility.

The site is www.jazzguitar.be which is a Belgian site ( but in English). The guy that runs the site has some great jazz guitar resources there. If you are interested in Jazz Guitar it's worth a visit.

1 comment:

Bunc said...

Who can list the different musical terms in that poem?

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Blog Design | Ayrshire Blog Creative commons License